1. Tell us a bit about Misty…
Misty is 9yrs old, we got her from a rescue when she was 18months old. She was very nervous when we got her, she was force bred at 1yr old, had 1 lil pup apparently then they gave her up. She doesn’t like other dogs, loud bangs, going for walks in the dark or rain or getting up before 8am. Misty loves going for drives in the car, sunbathing in the garden, chasing squirrels in the garden and going to the New Forest to see the horses.
2. Tell us a funny story about your Misty… We had a piñata on a tree for a birthday, and she was very excited about it hanging there. It fell off the tree when we were playing with it and trying to get the sweets out of it. So she grabbed it and ran away with it up the garden, she then shook it till it ripped in half and the sweets went everywhere. She didn’t eat any of the sweets, just wanted to rip it up. We were still finding sweets a month later.
3. What do you love most about Misty? Her high five cuddles, first thing in the morning.
4. What is Misty’s favourity toy? Squeaky rubber balls.
5. What’s Misty’s favourite dog food?
James Wellbeloved biscuits and fresh chicken.
6. Where does Misty sleep? Most of us staffy owners already know the answer to this one! In the daytime – on the bed in the spare bedroom. At night in our bed – under the duvet until she gets too hot, then on top of the duvet.
7. Any good advice you would offer someone who’s thinking of getting a staffy?
Get one from a rescue centre, be patient and take time to get to know how/what your dog is communicating to you. Don’t force it to do anything that it is clearly not comfortable doing.